Sunday 6 June 2010

St. Tropez

Ok so I had previously been using Loreal sublime bronze tanning gel (at about £8-9 in supermarkets) but found that the smell was really quite strong meaning that the "instant" part was a bit useless in that you had to put it on before bed and wash it off the next morning like you would with most tans anyway, because applying and then going out might result in people avoiding you/questioning where the smell of vegetables was coming from...so I decided to try St.Tropez self tanning mousse.





This has surely got to be one of the most hyped up tan products ever and I was interested to see if it really lived up to its name.






The Good




The smell really is lovely, a sort of aloe vera scent, very delicate


It is totally non sticky and I left it to dry fod about 5 minutes before getting ready for bed


The coverage is even and I left no streaks


It isn't orange after one application- so you actually have a choice about building it up as opposed to being tango coloured after one application


I've used it 3 times now and my 120 ml bottle still feels quite full, so I think it will last quite well


It lasts for about 4 days which actually makes it good value for money (and possibly better than the loreal stuff I was using)




The Bad


It's pretty expensive. I got it from a website for £15.99 but the website now seems to have gone missing..!? To buy from a salon it might set you back £20-£30


It really seems to stain my fingernails and dry out the skin on my palms after I've used it


The design of the bottle means you can't really tell when you are running out (could go to use and it all be gone...disaster!) This is true of most fake tans but because if I were to use this again I'd be searching for an internet deal as it's very expensive in shops being able to pop out and grab another bottle is a bit more of a problem




All in all I liked it and, whilst I'm going to keep an eye on how long this bottle lasts, hope to make a repeat purchase. A nice natural looking tan and it really does avoid that horrible fake tan smell/associated stickyness!!




All my love...


xxxx






0 comments: