Tuesday 15 June 2010

Goodies

I had a quick trip out yesterday and tried a couple of lovely things so I thought I'd share them with you...

I'm on the hunt for a new summer fragrance. I'm looking for something light, not overly powerful and quite "adult" as I will be working in a mainly male dominated law office this summer and don't want anything that will give people headaches, nor anything too "girly"!
I'd heard really good things about the new Armani acqua di gioia which is due to hit shops on June 30th so I went to have a sniff.



Officially it is supposed to contain mint, lemon, pink pepper, pink peony and aquatic jasmine. To me the initial smell was quite sweet and citrusy, but it dried down in to a really classy , fresh, earthy smell which reminded me of a sunny sea breeze. It wasn't overly powerful but wafting my wrist around did give off a nice smell :) It also had great staying power and sniffing my wrist just before I got in the shower 7 hours later and it was still very much there.I didn't really get the mint smell, which is a shame as I really love mint, but perhaps a second smelling might reveal it...if not I liked what I did smell anyway. All in all exactly what I was looking for, and I'm planning on buying a bottle when it comes out.

I also bought 2 17 mirror shine lipsticks from boots (£4.49 each). One in beehive and one in flirtini (all the colours can be viewed here http://www.boots.com/en/17-Mirror-Shine-On-Lipstick_1055081/)

Really lovely, moisturising lipsticks. I tend to find lipsticks a bit drying but these gave a lovely glossy look and feel. The beehive is a really nice nudey pink- great for every day, and the flirtini was a fun, brighter pink. They also have a 3 for 2 offer on so I picked up a nice sherberty pink no 17 nail varnish to go with an outfit I'm wearing later this week- though no comment on that yet as I haven't tried it.

Also got myself some Aussie dual protection heat defence spray and hoping to do a review of that when I've used it a few more times.

All my love...

0 comments: